MONTREAL, May 11, 2022 /CNW Telbec/ – SNC-Lavalin (TSX: SNC), a fully integrated professional services and project management firm with offices around the world, announces the signing of an administrative agreement with Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC ). This agreement allows the Company to continue to do business with the Government of Canada in accordance with its integrity regime initially adopted on July 3, 2015.
“SNC-Lavalin employees in Canada know better than anyone the path we have taken in recent years to implement a world-class integrity program. We have done our homework and profoundly transformed the company in terms of governance, operations and culture, while continuing to draw inspiration from relevant best practices,” said Ian L. EdwardsPresident and Chief Executive Officer, SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. “We strive to provide innovative solutions to address the world’s most pressing challenges while remaining a significant contributor to the Canadian economy.”
On September 23, 2021the Quebec Crown Attorney’s Office (DPCP) invited SNC-Lavalin to negotiate a remediation agreement (the “Remediation Agreement”) following charges brought against SNC-Lavalin inc. and SNC-Lavalin International Inc. under the Criminal Code of Canada for offenses that occurred between 1997 and 2004 as part of the Jacques-Cartier bridge repair project, a $128 million contract, of which SNC-Lavalin was a 50% consortium partner. In light of these accusations and following an assessment of the information provided by the company, PSPC invited SNC-Lavalin to negotiate an administrative agreement.
Prevent, detect and respond to any risk of embezzlement
For nearly 10 years now, SNC-Lavalin has been implementing profound changes in terms of governance, operations and culture, while continuing to rely on relevant best practices.
Governance: an effective, transparent and independent integrity program
- Members of the Integrity function report to the Chief ESG and Integrity Officer, who in turn reports to the Board of Directors (Governance, Ethics and Sustainable Development Committee) and operationally to the General Counsel;
- The Integrity function is made up of 40 full-time employees and 140 ambassadors in operations around the world;
- SNC-Lavalin’s integrity program aligns with the principles of international organizations such as Transparency International, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, the United Nations Global Compact, the World Bank and the Resource Guide to the US Foreign United States Department of Justice Corrupt Practices Act.
Operations: an integrity program that promotes and enables ethical decision-making
- Access, for all employees and third parties, to an independent, confidential and anonymous reporting line operated by an external service provider. This service is available by telephone, by accessing the supplier’s web page or by an application available on company mobile phones (for SNC-Lavalin employees);
- A due diligence system is in place for all business partners;
- Annual training on the Company’s Code of Conduct is required for each employee;
- Obligation for managers to follow specific training to ensure understanding of the program and their responsibilities.
Culture: A culture of integrity that promotes communication and ownership
- Establish reporting requirements for all employees and prohibit direct or indirect retaliation;
- Incorporate an ethical behavior component into annual employee performance reviews.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management firm with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, data and technology to design, build and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally for our customers and provide unique end-to-end services throughout the lifecycle of an asset, including consulting, advisory and environmental services, smart grids and cybersecurity, design and engineering, procurement, project management and construction, operations. & maintenance, decommissioning and fixed assets. We serve customers in key strategic sectors such as engineering services, nuclear, operations and maintenance, and capital. You can find relevant news and information on snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
For further information: Media, Harold Fortin, Senior Director, External Communications, [email protected]; Investors, Denis Jasmin, Vice President, Investor Relations, 514-393-8000, ext. 57553, [email protected]